Iron Cycles has blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 4 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ironcycles.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, November 9, 2009

Iron Cycles rider of the week - Tim Yuska

I nominate Tim the IC rider of the week for the Northbrook race. Tim has been killing it all year and he pulled out his best finish ever in the 1/2's with a 4th place finish. This makes him the number 3 ranked rider in the Chicross series.

I remember when I used to beat him all the time, now he's at a higher level and one of the best cyclocrossers in the Chicagoland area.
Tim got Iron Cycles a little press, prominently featured in a bunch of pictures in the following article:

Maybe Tim will write a race report. (hint, hint)

In other race related news, I just have to say Chi Cross rocks and I think this was a really fun course. Before the race I read on the chicrosscup web site how they were going to change the course and they had all these rules we had to follow regarding our behaviour. I thought this would be a really lame venue, but I couldn't have been more wrong.

The course was challenging with a good mix of off camber turns and open power sections and the fans were just as rowdy as ever. Everywhere on the course I could hear someone cheering my name. That keeps me motivated because then I know I can't soft pedal and look weak anywhere on the course.

My favorite moments of the day:

1) Spectacular crashes in the sandpit. Luckily the sand was soft and I don't think anyone hurt themselves too bad.



2) The little Half Acre dude trying to get up the hill in the junior race. He was so persistent, he wouldn't let the hill defeat him.

Liz took a great series of pictures here titled Determination:


3) In the 4b race, in the battle for last finisher of the day, the race came down to racer number 441 (Rodrigo?) and Flannel Mike (a.k.a. BC) riding wheel to wheel. At the sand pit the crowd was so loud cheering them on to the finish, it was insane. Glory is not just for the victors. A great finish to a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment