Iron Cycles has blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 4 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ironcycles.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, August 1, 2009

John's family Schwinn Tandem Town & Country

Every so often I get the opportunity to work on a really cool bike, which is not always the latest carbon race bike or the bike with the most gadgets or pivots. Every summer I look forward to seeing what challenges “wheel” through the door.

If I could describe the experience, it would closely resemble how most of us feel right before a birthday, or the night before Christmas. I love working on bikes, its something that I have done for most of my life and can easily see myself doing happily for the rest of it.

So from time to time I get to work on a bike that reminds me of what this whole professional bicycle mechanic thing is all about. It might be a bike that I have to pull completely apart from bearing to brake. It could be a bike so out of control expensive that, even in my dreams I could never afford it.

Or, it could be a bike that just looks cool.



No comments:

Post a Comment