Iron Cycles has blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 4 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ironcycles.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Continental Grand Prix 4-Season - A Few Rides In

With about 100 miles on the 4-Seasons I picked up for my Club Racer, I'm getting a feel for what they were made for. My suspicions were correct in the ride, not as plush as my old Challenge Parigi Roubaix, but not as far off as I expected. They do ride quite well, especially at 80-85psi that I've been riding them at.

More important to me than the ride quality has been durability, or at least perceived durability. With 100 miles on them, I'd hope for some good luck, but I did find myself avoiding a pedestrian walking toward me on the wrong side of the path that pushed me into some broken glass on wet roads. No damage from that, not even a cut that I can find. That's positive.

The other characteristic that I noticed this morning was wet weather grip. I'm not a daring rider in the wet, especially when commuting. I'd much rather slow down than lean hard into corners and end up on the pavement, but these tires seemed to grip exceptionally well on the damp pavement today. It's hardly enough of a test to be definitive, but a good sign for this tire and the intended use.

Moving forward, I'm hoping to get these tires on more wet pavement, maybe some gravel, and possibly even some snow. More information to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment