Iron Cycles has blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 4 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ironcycles.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, November 21, 2011

Endura Deluge Glove Ride Review

This review came in from one of our team riders, Mike Campbell. He picked up a pair of these from us a few weeks back, so they were purchased with his own funds. Keep that in mind when reading this review:

I recently stopped by Iron Cycles to pick up the perfect pair of gloves to get me through the nearly freezing temps at the Iceman Cometh Challenge in Traverse City, MI. The forecast this year was for a slightly warmer race than usual. I have gloves for below freezing, and in the 50's my full finger mtb gloves do the trick, but I needed something for that elusive 35-45* F zone. The shop was able to hook me up with the Endura Deluge glove.

They have a soft, breathable inner liner, and are waterproof. The palm has comfortable gel padding, and the seams, especially around the thumb don’t cause any pressure points as some other gloves have had the tendency to do. They have an ample cuff with a Velcro closure that helps keep the cold off your wrist and the wind from running up your sleeves. And of course there’s the full forefinger terry sweat wipe. A final added touch if you’re commuting, the reflective print and knuckle panels!

I wore these gloves to pre-ride the course the day before the race, and they dried quickly and completely prior to my race the next day. It was right at 35* F at start time, and my hands were still relatively comfortable right from the get-go. Once the blood was pumping, my hands stayed toasty warm for the entire 2 hours I was out on the course! I was extremely happy with these gloves. I’ve had a handful more rides with them since, and I’m actually looking forward to getting caught in the rain with them to see how they perform when wet!

We'll get a followup from Mike once he's able to log a few more miles in these gloves. They are currently in stock in most sizes at the shop if you want to try a pair for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment