Iron Cycles has blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 4 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ironcycles.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Welcome aboard, Lauren!

Everyone here at Iron Cycles is absolutely thrilled to welcome Lauren to the team.  She had made a number of trips to the shop in the past, we were lucky enough to fit her to a custom bike, and had a hand in completing a project she was also involved with, all before she joined our team.

Now that Lauren is a part of the team, she's going to have a hand in a number of things we do around the shop.  From repairs to customer assistance, the blog, and product testing, Lauren has a big role.

She took a few minutes to write a little something to introduce herself, expect to be reading a lot more from her in the future.  Now, Lauren:

I got this new gig at Iron Cycles that I’m pretty pumped about, and now I guess this is a hello to all of the internet devotees of the shop. My descent into full blown cycling addiction has been gradual but consistent. I have ridden my bike everywhere since I can remember, and a few years ago I got a little tired of not being able to tune the machine on which I relied so much. So, naturally, I thought I might try my hand at being a professional mechanic (sink or swim, right?). 3 years later, by the goodwill of many skilled and patient people, I can turn a wrench and am fully involved in all things bikes. Which brings me to all of you, I suppose. I’ll be doing a little bit of everything here at Iron, still fixing flats behind the counter, but I’m particularly excited about finding a use for my English degree and writing little bits for the blog. It will mostly be me talking about things I think are pretty cool and demoing sweet bikes, but I’ll have a necessary inclination towards things that are out there for lady cyclists (because I’m small and most man-things don’t really work for me). I want my reviews to be various, especially actual bikes and components. I find that there aren’t a lot of resources out there for ladies to chat shop so I won’t hesitate to share my own builds and throw a little bike nerd in with (hopefully) insightful reviews on cycling in general. Happy to be here, more later.


No comments:

Post a Comment