Iron Cycles has blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 4 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ironcycles.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, July 2, 2012

Initial Review: Skratch Labs

Being one of the first shops to carry the new Skratch Labs line-up, and the first in Chicago, I put myself up as the test mule on the new mixes.  I'm the first to admit I put my nutrition and hydration to the wayside and very rarely am prepared.  Heck, last year I showed up to The Judson Ride a few times with empty bottles...that wasn't smart.


This year I'm planning to not only ensure I'm hydrating, but trying to do it smart.  I'd like to think Allen Lim MIGHT know a LITTLE more than I do about nutrition, so I'm giving Skratch a shot.  Right off the bat I'm a big fan of the subtle flavor, we'll see how well I feel it's working on some longer and hotter rides.


My favorite part of this mix so far is the Everyday Mix from Skratch.  Used when off of the bike, it's replaced my normal diet of Mexican Cokes and Skittles.  I can't help but to assume that's a step in the right direction to a better diet.

The Lemon & Limes flavor is very subtle in the Everyday Mix, just one packet per bottle of water is just enough flavor to satisfy my tastes.


Lemon & Limes Exercise Mix is slightly stronger tasting than the Everyday Mix, but not so strong that it needs to be severely diluted like Gatorade or other sports drinks.


I've had the most experience with Oranges Exercise Mix, the flavor is my favorite so far.  I mix it slightly lighter than suggested but not by much.


Raspberry is still waiting on a test, that'll come tomorrow.  I'm hoping the flavor strength is similar to the others.


A gem of the line-up, the resuable tin comes in under $10 and holds whatever you need.  Far cheaper than picking up a tin at The Container Store or other home stores.

More info to come as I give this stuff more time on the bike.  Initial reviews have been good on the web and I'm happy to report I agree....so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment