Iron Cycles has blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 4 seconds. If not, visit
http://www.ironcycles.com/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Independent Fabrication Delux Redux

This is one I've been waiting on for a bit.  While I love following the technological advances in carbon happening now, not the least of which is the Felt Nine FRD I covered here, there's something so incredibly awesome about a retro-modern steel 29er.

After I met Gary Smith of IF, I became even more smitten with their bikes.  He was kind enough to help me out with getting me a Cross Jester last fall, has set us up with the first SSR Maxx available to the public, and an incredible Ti Factory Lightweight just to name a few.

But when Gary started teasing info on the Delux Redux I knew he was doing something a little different but a whole lot the same.  The details are just now rolling out in full, but a steel frame, an Ingleheart segmented fork, full Shimano XT, and handbuilt wheels by Luxe Wheelworks.  Go for El Fabuloso and you also get one-off purple anno Chris King parts!

Just a few of my favorite shots follow, but if you want one you'd better act fast.  These are limited to 12 of each color!







No comments:

Post a Comment